Happy Holidays from Westport Properties Inc!
From all of us at Westport Properties Inc., we wish you the very best this holiday season. This is a special edition of our community newsletter, full of festive entertaining tips, where to see the best Christmas lights in the area, the New Year's Polar Bear Swim and other great activities. We hope you make the most of this season with your family and friends.
Who doesn't love whipping up a batch of hot chocolate, bundling up in toques and scarves and heading out to see local Christmas light displays? While White Rock and South Surrey has some beautiful local displays, these are a few displays that are worth the drive into Vancouver!
Enchant is the world’s largest Christmas Light Maze, made up of over 55,000 sq. ft. of brilliantly illuminated sculptures arranged to create the perfect atmosphere for an evening adventure. Along with the maze, Enchant features a market with over 40 local vendors, 12 food trucks and a licensed eating area where guests can enjoy their favourite holiday drink. This event is new to the holiday scene this year and is already proving to be hugely popular for all ages!
Festival of Lights at VanDusen Botanical Garden Experience
VanDusen Festival of Lights, a magical winter wonderland with over one million lights decorating VanDusen Botanical Garden open from December 1 to January 2. This year they've expanded the show to include a new carousel and all entry tickets include a free ride! Stroll with friends and family through interactive themed areas, enjoy the famous Dancing Lights show on Livingstone Lake, look for roving Scandinavian gnomes and reindeer in the garden, light a candle at the Make-A-Wish candle grotto, take a photo with Santa, and much more!
Canyon Lights at Capilano Suspension Bridge
Celebrate Canyon Lights November 24, 2016 to January 8, 2017. Re-capture the feeling of wonder and excitement of the holiday season and be amazed by the hundreds of thousands of lights throughout the park. The suspension bridge, Treetops Adventure, Cliff walk, the rain forest and canyon are transformed into a world of festive lights and visual enchantment. See the world’s tallest living Christmas tree, go on a Snowy Owl Prowl, decorate gingerbread cookies and make your own Christmas card in the Winter Pavilion – your one day pass is good for admission to the park all year so be sure to check out the suspension bridge at other times of the year!
Bright Nights at Stanley Park
Over three million dazzling lights decorate acres of the dark forest, reaching as high as the forest canopy for Bright Nights in Stanley Park. The attraction is also accompanied by a train ride, music, snacks, entertainment, and even visits with Santa and his elves. The annual tradition, now in its 18th year, is operated and installed by 800 firefighters – it is a task that requires 8,000 hours of set-up over three months. Bright Nights attracts 200,000 visitors every year. The train ride is the favourite of the younger
The holidays are wonderful for getting people together… Keep things fun, simple and most importantly, plan ahead so you feel prepared and not overwhelmed. We are sharing some of our favourite holiday entertaining tips here, to help you decorate and host this holiday season.
1. A simple way to give your holiday decorations a professionally decorated look is to stick to just two or three colors. Deciding on a palette before you shop makes the selection process quick and easy.
2. A lit fireplace is beautiful but can quickly heat up a room filled with guests. To get the look without the warmth, instead fill the hearth with lit pillar candles.
3. Adding a vintage element, such as homemade gingerbread men, hand-strung popcorn or a cranberry garland to your holiday decorations lends a sentimental, old-fashioned feel.
4. Create a warm and inviting fragrance around your home with cinnamon sticks and water. Before guests arrive, add a cinnamon stick or two in a pot of boiling water, and then let it simmer it for about 30 minutes.
5. Fridge space fills up fast, and squeezing in those extra bottles of bubbly, wine, and beer can prove quite the challenge. Take advantage of the cold winter months and stash those extra drinks outside.
6. People always have a way of congregating around the food at parties. It doesn't matter where it is, your guests will seek it out and plant themselves firmly around it. To avoid all of your guests settling into one area, spread the snacks and drinks around the party.
7. Don't stress about having all the snacks cooked and ready by the time guests arrive; just have plenty of drinks at the ready, and one or two snacks on the table by the time your first guest rings the doorbell.
8. Parties are supposed to be fun, and not stressful! It's okay if you don't make everything yourself. There are some delicious store-bought appetizer options out there — it's just a matter of finding the right ones.
9. Set everything up the night before, that way, the day of all you need to do is put out the food and drink.
10. Consider serving a pre-mixed drink or cocktail such as sangria, punch or eggnog. Guests can help themselves and it often turns out cheaper than individual drinks. Place glasses on a pretty tray, set out an ice bucket and you’ll hands free!
Looking for a relaxing event during the busy Christmas season? Look no further than Historic Stewart Farm located at 13723 Crescent Rd. Each weekend from noon until 3, there are different Christmas activities to get you in the holiday spirit. One weekend, you can make a scented pomander and a Christmas card while holiday tunes play on the piano. While on another, you can make your own reindeer antlers and explore the farmhouse on Santa’s Scavenger Hunt. They are great family activities and is best of all, it's all free!
Find the True Spirit of Christmas at the Stewart Farm!
There are many fun activities taking place on New Year’s Eve and New Year's Day in and around White Rock and South Surrey. One of our favourites however, is the annual Polar Bear Swim at White Rock Beach. Start the New Year off with a dip in Semiahmoo Bay on Sunday January 1, 2017 at 12 noon sharp. followed by a nice cup of hot chocolate or coffee and a picture with Mr. Polar Bear himself! If you are not brave enough to take a dip, then come and support everyone that is. Hope to see you there!
World Class apartment with Endless Ocean and Sea Side views. Close to everything!2,363' all on one floor, luxurious contemporary design with oversized walkways. Featuring 3 bedrooms all with Ensuite, den, 9' ceiling and A/C, top to bottom. Enjoy Views from everywhere, open the 14' Nano doors and let the outside in while you enjoy your 250' Sundeck. Perfect for morning coffee or evening bbqs with family and friends while you watch the sun go down. Gourmet chef kitchen with Jenn-air a, touch less faucet and Granite countertop. Other luxurious features including hardwood and marble flooring, radiant heat, double garage and storage, central location, minutes walk to the beach. White Rock Elementary and Semiahmoo Secondary.
Address: 15021 BUENA VISTA AVENUE
For more information CLICK HERE!
We thought we would end with a little fun. Happy Holidays from the team at Westport Properties Inc.!
Copyright © *|2016|* *|Westport Properties Inc.|*, All rights reserved.
Our mailing address is:
14869 Marine Drive White Rock BC V4B1C1